Baking Fail

Last weekend I tried making a cake for a friend's birthday. It turned out to be an epic baking fail! It was my first experience with Angel Food Cake and boy was it a pain in the behind to even work with. It was so light and fluffy that I didn't even have a pan that it would fit in without completely baking over. I took one of my cake pans and filled it half way, it still almost baked over but luckily it didn't! I would have been so mad if I had to clean out the oven! After it baked it came out ok but the cake was almost rubbery. It wouldn't cut and it just fell apart. I was so mad that I didn't even take any pics of it but here is an instagram pic of the final product with the only part of the cake I was able to salvage. Oh by the way I was trying to make a strawberry shortcake. I diced strawberries and let them sit in sugar for a while before I poured it on top. I then topped it off with some marshmallow creme. I don't think I will be remaking this anytime soon!

Homemade strawberry shortcake!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

~Shari  – (August 20, 2012 at 4:50 AM)  

Well, I would eat it!
Strawberry shortcake is yummy.

Post a Comment